We are committed to providing a rigorous and supportive academic experience to all of our students, complete with community-building and social opportunities, regardless of learning preference. We strive daily to strike the balance between holding our students to the high expectations of which they are worthy, while remaining empathetic to the inherent challenges of remote learning.
Here are some highlights of our remote and hybrid learning program and structures:
- First period Advisory for all students, both remote and hybrid, focusing on skills for persevering through our current challenges and thriving now and in the future.
- Mental Health and Wellness course for all students focusing on processing experiences and emotions in a supportive group setting.
- Students opting for Blended Learning remain in a single small "pod" of 8 or fewer in-person learners seated socially distance at large individual tables.
- Teachers are supported in providing remote instruction both synchronously (live at the same time) and asynchronously (self-paced).
- Attendance is recorded throughout the day and reported directly to families through Kinvo so that families can support their students in attending class and keeping up with assignments.
- Technology support is available to students daily so that issues with iPads or other devices can be resolved quickly with minimal disruption to learning.